Yesterday, Abdul got a called from Majid, telling him that ATP needed his passport and that he was going to Doha. He wasn’t asked. He was just told. Abdul wasn’t very happy about that.
Fozan has also been told he is going. Yesterday, he sat in a secret meeting with Talal and Ibrahim. I know because I was told by someone else about it (someone who should not have known). In fact, Talal was still supposed to be in Doha and – this is not the first time – he had lied about when he was coming back.
This morning, Chris, Ray, Smithers, Andy Dunn, Terry and I had a meeting to discuss our needs if we were to go to Doha. It was a bit unfocused but we got there in the end. Fozan turned up midway through the meeting and asked if he could join us. Chris politely agreed but from that point on everyone believed we had a spy in the room.
Anyway, the list is below. This is a reasonable list. In fact, on a show of this scale everything here should already be provided. The international industry knows this but apparently not ATP:-
WORK DAYS, WAGES AND PER DIEMS
- Five day weeks for pre-production. (we’re doing six)
- Eleven day fortnights during filming with 11th day as prep.
- Crew wages adjusted so all crew paid on Sunday.
- Proof of pay emailed out each Sunday.
- Wages paid at end of each work week – not one week in arrears. (I’ve calculated they are on average 12 days late)
- All wages and per diems up to date before departure to Qatar.
- Per diems paid at the start of each week. (they’re always late too and are paid in arrears)
- Per diems USD$65 per day. USD$455 per week. (Doha costs six times more than Jordan and per diems of $100 per day is perfectly normal so this is far from being an unreasonable request)
- Shatat and Emad to go and two have per diems same as rest of crew. (we’ve heard rumours they would get less)
- USD $50 financial penalty for each day wages or proof of pay or per diems are late.
- Clarity on what per diems are for.
ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORT & FACILITIES IN DOHA
- Breakfast included in accommodation cost.
- Lunch paid by company during prep and shoot.
- Hotel min four stars. Own room or personally serviced apartment.
- No room or apartment sharing.
- Shatat and Emad in same hotel as rest of art dept.
- Accommodation approval before plane tickets bought. (clearly, we do not trust them)
- All transport costs covered in Doha to and from work, work-related places and airports. (as above)
- Minimum of five new vehicles (two being 4WD pickups) and one driver for exclusive use by Art Dept.
- 100% reliable Internet everywhere. Every crew member to have own company-paid dongle with minimum 15GBs per month and no service interruption due to pay-as-you-go schemes. (to date, the internet has been very very unreliable and ATG’s IT department seem clueless about how to fix it – oh, and they use pay as you go)
- Company phones for all crew members supplied on first arrival at hotel. (this has been a problem previsously)
INSURANCE AND PERMITS
- Written proof of medical insurance. (we don’t have any yet)
- Written proof of equipment insurance. (we don’t have any yet)
- ATP responsible for sorting out all Visa, work permit and residence permit issues on time.
- Upon termination of a crew-member contract by any party for any reason, ATP to sort out Exit Visas and to provide economy flight home within two week and to continue paying wages and per diems until they leave. (given they are holding Natasha ‘hostage’, the idea of them controlling exit visa’s does not appeal at all)
- ATP to ensure crew will not be asked to relinquish passports at any time.
FLIGHTS & HOLIDAYS
- All excess baggage to and from Doha paid for at airports by ATP rep. (still don’t trust them)
- ATP to arrange access to reduced cost flights.
- Ten days paid leave inclusive of flight every six months, starting from our start dates.
- EID paid holiday.